- Sail Loot Podcast 048: Neil Davies Sails to Cuba and Works Remotely for Sailing Money
- Sail Loot Podcast 042: Wiley Sharp, Part 2 – Owning and Operating a Virgin Islands Sailing Charter
- Sail Loot Podcast 037: Salty Times Sailing to find the Surf with Base and Jamie
- Sail Loot Podcast 027: Couchsailors Jose and Gina Rent All of their Rooms for Sailing Money
- Sail Loot Podcast 020: Leah Kruger Makes Her Sailing Money With Brio
- Sail Loot Podcast 019: Good Anchorage, Get Paid To Cruise
- Sail Loot Podcast 013: Investing Money to Make Money While Sailing the Mediterranean with Franz Amussen
- Sail Loot Podcast 012: From Corporate America to Ottsworld with Sherry Ott
- Sail Loot Podcast 010: Zero To Cruising To Chartering One Love with Mike and Rebecca Sweeney
- Sail Loot Podcast 009: The Overnight Success Dream – It’s a Myth. Get Over It
Sail Loot Podcast 023: Leela’s Sailing Money with Emmanuel & Saxony
When Emmanuel emailed me in early March on of the words that he used to describe the Sail Loot Podcast was “Brilliant.” You know, I tend to agree! Maybe he just knew how far flattery can take you in this world. I don’t know. Either way, thank you Emmanuel!
He also said things like,
“Last year I met a wonderful girl (Saxony) and we made it our goal to go sailing.”
“Go-go-go all the time best summarizes my line of work. I’ve built a consulting business, sold it to a larger firm, been a partner in this larger firm for past 3 years.”
“3 weeks ago I announced to my business partners I wanted to quit and go sailing.”
Obviously, my first thought was, “This sounds like a great story for the Sail Loot Podcast!”
They bought their sailboat, Leela, in August of 2014 and have been retrofitting her to get her into cruising shape for the last 9 months. Of course, I was curious about how Emmanuel and Saxony came up with Leela’s sailing money. Take a listen to this episode of the Sail Loot Podcast to find out!
A Few Things You’ll Learn About Leela’s Sailing Money, and Life with Emmanuel and Saxony In This Episode:
- How Emmanuel hauled his first sailboat.
- Purchasing and sharing The Black Knight’s expenses.
- One of the most important jobs on a boat – Log Watch.
- How Emmanuel and Saxony have been honing their sailing skills.
- Emmanuel’s entrepreneurial spirit.
- When Emmanuel started his his engineering consulting business and started saving money.
- How Saxony was able to use volleyball to travel Southeast Asia.
- Why Saxony is used to living within her means.
- Our thoughts on work/life balance.
- How Emmanuel and Saxony met.
- Purchasing and updating Leela
- Leela’s cruising plans.
- The adventurous spirits of Emmanuel and Saxony.
- Their budget.
- Their travel schedule between Bellingham, WA and Vancouver, BC to perform the upgrades on Leela.
- Emmanuel and Saxony’s tips.
- And much more!
Links and Resources From This Episode:
- This Old Boat by Don Casey
- Our Cozy Home Away From Home – The story of the cabin
- Warfighter Up Radio – WarFighterUpRadio.com
- Sail Loot Podcast 012: Sherry Ott
Thank you very much for listening to the show! If you enjoyed listening, it has helped you in any way, or you know somebody else that would enjoy it, please share it using the social media buttons that you see on the page.
Additionally, reviews for the Sail Loot podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one!
Lastly, if you have any questions or comments please leave them below or go ahead and send us an email via the Contact page!