- Sail Loot Podcast 048: Neil Davies Sails to Cuba and Works Remotely for Sailing Money
- Sail Loot Podcast 042: Wiley Sharp, Part 2 – Owning and Operating a Virgin Islands Sailing Charter
- Sail Loot Podcast 037: Salty Times Sailing to find the Surf with Base and Jamie
- Sail Loot Podcast 027: Couchsailors Jose and Gina Rent All of their Rooms for Sailing Money
- Sail Loot Podcast 020: Leah Kruger Makes Her Sailing Money With Brio
- Sail Loot Podcast 019: Good Anchorage, Get Paid To Cruise
- Sail Loot Podcast 013: Investing Money to Make Money While Sailing the Mediterranean with Franz Amussen
- Sail Loot Podcast 012: From Corporate America to Ottsworld with Sherry Ott
- Sail Loot Podcast 010: Zero To Cruising To Chartering One Love with Mike and Rebecca Sweeney
- Sail Loot Podcast 009: The Overnight Success Dream – It’s a Myth. Get Over It
Sail Loot Podcast 018: More Delos Adventures with Brady & Josje
It only took 17 Sail Loot Podcasts to get an interview with the other half of the S\V Delos crew recorded and released. Suweeeeeet!
I got to talk to Brian and Karin back in Sail Loot Podcast 001. This time around I had an awesome chat with Brady and Josje!
We put the pieces of the Delos story together in this episode. I caught up with Brady and Josje while they were in New Zealand visiting Josje’s family. They only had a few weeks until they headed out to re-board Delos after over a year.
When they left Delos in January of 2014, they were boarding another sailing vessel to get paid some sail loot instead of spending their sail loot. They’ve since saved a little bit of money, taken some time to catch up with family and friends on land, and are back on Delos for more sailing adventures!
They plan to keep producing their amazing videos to inspire people to sail, travel, and follow their dreams. If you’d like to help with their sweet video making cause, and keep the Delos adventure going strong, then you should check them out over at Patreon.com/svdelos. You can also find them over at svdelos.com, and their Delos Facebook Page!
Enjoy the show!
A Few Things You’ll Learn About Brady and Josje from Delos In This Episode:
- How to get a seashell from Brady.
- When Brady was supposed to head home after crossing the Pacific.
- Brady’s semester at sea.
- Burrito slinging, partying days in New Zealand.
- Paying rent on Delos.
- How Josje met Brady and the Delos crew.
- How Josje and Brady balance each other out.
- Getting work visas in New Zealand and Australia.
- Gelato, Burgers, and Beer for Josje.
- Where and when Brady got his STCW.
- Josje’s stint with the butcher knife.
- Brady getting his STCW 95 (BST) and his super yacht jobs in Southern Florida.
- Nina’s important role in the Delos odyssey.
- Phoebe’s wobbegong shark experience.
- Josje getting her STCW (39. S\V Delos – Explore, Eat, Educate!)
- Their Borneo blowout at the Westin.
- Making their own whiskey.
- How they’ve gotten their sponsors or “partnerships”.
- And much more!
Links and Resources From This Episode:
- Delos Facebook Page
- Mexicali Fresh
- Mad Mex Australia
- Rybovich Ship Yard
- Sea Sanctuaries
- Hang Tuah
- Still Spirits
- Super Sails
Thank you very much for listening to the show! If you enjoyed listening, it has helped you in any way, or you know somebody else that would enjoy it, please share it using the social media buttons that you see on the page.
Additionally, reviews for the Sail Loot podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one!
Lastly, if you have any questions or comments please leave them below or go ahead and send us an email via the Contact page!