- Sail Loot Podcast 048: Neil Davies Sails to Cuba and Works Remotely for Sailing Money
- Sail Loot Podcast 042: Wiley Sharp, Part 2 – Owning and Operating a Virgin Islands Sailing Charter
- Sail Loot Podcast 037: Salty Times Sailing to find the Surf with Base and Jamie
- Sail Loot Podcast 027: Couchsailors Jose and Gina Rent All of their Rooms for Sailing Money
- Sail Loot Podcast 020: Leah Kruger Makes Her Sailing Money With Brio
- Sail Loot Podcast 019: Good Anchorage, Get Paid To Cruise
- Sail Loot Podcast 013: Investing Money to Make Money While Sailing the Mediterranean with Franz Amussen
- Sail Loot Podcast 012: From Corporate America to Ottsworld with Sherry Ott
- Sail Loot Podcast 010: Zero To Cruising To Chartering One Love with Mike and Rebecca Sweeney
- Sail Loot Podcast 009: The Overnight Success Dream – It’s a Myth. Get Over It
Sail Loot Podcast 045: Shooting The Breeze about our Sailing Money with Jeffrey Wettig
Jeffrey Wettig, host of the Shooting The Breeze Sailing Podcast, and I have been talking via email and Facebook for a few years. We were finally able to meet in person at the US Sailboat Show in Annapolis this past October. I also got to meet his better half, Nora, and share some grub and a few brews with the two of them.
Recently on the Sail Loot Podcast, I’ve been talking to a lot of people about sailing businesses and very big sailboats. Jeffrey wanted to make sure that I wasn’t forgetting about all of the other sailors out there that aren’t cruising the islands or starting a charter business. There are thousands of sailors that are working during the week while making sure that they are sailing on the weekends and in the Wednesday night beer can races.
Needless to say, this podcast is a little bit different from a lot of the other Sail Loot Podcasts. Jeffrey and I have become good friends. Therefore, it’s a lot like the two of us just sat down to shoot the breeze about our personal sailing finances. I talk a lot more than usual about where I’m at in my process of purchasing a sailboat and Jeffrey explains a lot about how and why he’s on his third sailboat, a Paceship 26 named Pegasus.
A Few Things You’ll Learn about Jeffrey Wettig and Shooting The Breeze in this episode:
- The Sail Loot episode for non-cruisers
- Jeffrey’s dream boat and where he stands on the purchase
- The possibility of getting a small loan for a sailboat
- Purchasing his house
- Purchasing his sailboats
- When Jeffrey started to sail
- Being a member of his yacht club and the associated costs
- The costs of maintaining his sailboat
- How to sail for free
- How you’re always learning something new when you go out sailing
- Meeting all of the amazing people at the US Sailboat Show and on our Sailing Adventures
- Talking to all of the amazing people that we get to talk to via Podcasting
- And Much More!
Links and Resources from this episode:
- The Escape Pods
- Shooting The Breeze Podcast
- Sail Loot Podcast 034: Andy Schell, 59-North Part 1
- Sail Loot Podcast Episode 041: The Money Side of a Virgin Islands Sailing Charter with Wiley Sharp
- Sail Loot Podcast Episode 042: Wiley Sharp, Part 2 – Owning and Operating a Virgin Islands Sailing Charter
- IandI boats
- Sail Loot Podcast Episode 038: Linus Wilson Sailing Part Time to Keep Making Money by Teaching Money
- Larry and Lin Pardey
- Jamie and Behan Gifford on S/V Totem
- Sail Loot Podcast 002: Cruising with Jamie, Behan and the Totem Crew
- Pam Wall
- Sail Loot Podcast 028: The Pam Wall Sailing Story, Part 1
- Sail Loot Podcast 029: Pam Wall Part 2, More Amazing Sailing Stories
- S/V Smitty
- Where The Coconuts Grow
- Sail Loot Podcast 031: Peter and Jody from Somewhere Warm and Sunny down Where The Coconuts Grow
- Aristocat Charters
- S/V Delos
- Sailing Nervous
- Sail Libra
- Zero To Cruising
Thank you very much for listening to the show! If you enjoyed listening, it has helped you in any way, or you know somebody else that would enjoy it, please share it using the social media buttons that you see on the page.
Additionally, reviews for the Sail Loot podcast on iTunes are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one!
Lastly, if you have any questions or comments please leave them below or go ahead and send us an email via the Contact page!